Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday America!




Ah the 4th of July. The one true holiday we can attribute as being purely American. Nothing seems more American to me then a church barbecue picnic with hot dogs, cheeseburgers, potato salad, and of course cake. This time I thought I would appease my younger crowd with a funfetti cake (white cake with sprinkles) and buttercream frosting. I have to say I've never seen any of my cakes eaten so fast and with such delight until today. There is something unique about the way a kid enjoys cake. Watching a kid eat cake is like seeing a great master or connoisseur of wine or cheese enjoying a sip or bite. They approach the cake as if looking at a piece of artwork and as a master would they take that first bite with a critical intent. However, what sets a kid apart from the master is what they do next, which is devour each and every last bit off their plate in the fastest time possible to man. Today was indeed a great day for egg tossing, balloon launching, and of course eating cake.

1 comment:

Faith said...

Love the cake! You're not so secret talent is coming out! :)