Monday, February 6, 2012

My Kind of Advertising

May I just suggest that if you are thinking about starting your own small business I cannot recommend listing on Yelp enough. I have been amazed at how many calls I've gotten just for a simple free listing. One such phone call last week landed me a cake order from my first out-of-state customer. A man from New York called asking for a camera cake for a potential client. At first I was very skeptical and the chatting in the background coming from the other line made me question whether it was a scam. But a few days later I received payment for the cake and happily commenced cake construction. The recipient is a photographer and creator of one of the largest and most renown photography information websites on the planet. I was pleased to see that he was pleased by the creation of my camera cake.


The inside was a chocolate fudge cake with Nutella filling and chocolate frosting. I used black fondant to cover the cake. I included the logo of the business whom purchased the cake in the digital screen display. My second camera cake so far and it certainly got a little easier the second time around. I did not freeze the cake as most are in the habit of doing when sculpting cake, but the cake was dense enough that it held its shape exceptionally well. 




I took the picture before adding some of the last minute details. I included the Nikon logo on the front above the lense and a few other bells and whistles.

No comments: